Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Day Seven: Make Cinnamon Ornaments!





Willow and I attempted to make cinnamon ornaments today! I say attempted because (SPOILER: They sucked.) But we had fun trying!

Willow was Mommy's little helper this morning and really enjoyed assisting with the easy tasks.






Not pictured: Willow sticking the cinnamon in her mouth repeatedly.

We finally had a dough-like consistency, so Willow helped me roll it out and make the shapes.












Not too shabby, right? The hard part was getting them onto the baking sheet. I think I made the dough too thin and possibly too wet, because they weren't holding together very well. Willow got bored during this tedious process and I found that she'd wandered into the living room to watch YouTube videos.


Bailing at the first sign of a challenge.

I eventually got them onto the sheet, but had to re-mold some of them back together. Also? Don't use wax paper.

A few hours later, I popped them out of the oven... and wa-la!



... NOT. Lies, I tell you. All lies.


At least they smelled good.

Oh well... There's always next year.

No comments: