Friday, June 14, 2013

Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta

Tonight was one of those super lazy dinners nights where I just start grabbing random items out of my pantry, and try to decide what may or may not work. My husband went to see a movie so it was just Willow and me (Liam was content chowing down on some squash). I had two thawed chicken breasts and no time for a crock pot meal, so I decided to throw together this chicken dish on the skillet. It came together pretty good and my daughter asked for seconds (rare. occurrence.)

I did not take pictures of the cooking process because, frankly, looking at raw chicken grosses me out. I was a vegetarian for four years and I still have some issues, apparently. The veins, the stringy fat globs, the slimy texture... just no.

So now that everyone is good and hungry, on to the recipe!

Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta

Ingredients
4-6 chicken breasts
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
8oz cream cheese
Veggies of your choice (peas and carrots work great)
1lb egg noodles

Cut your chicken into chunks and cook in an oiled skillet. Cook until golden brown, then add your veggies (I admit, I used a bag of frozen veggies this time. Next time I will use fresh!). Stir in packet of ranch dressing mix, along with your cream cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and gooey. Then add your cans of soup and stir until hot and bubbly.

Meanwhile, cook your egg noodles to your liking. I like al dente. Drain noodles, then combine them with your skillet ingredients. Coat noodles in mixture and serve!

This dish would be great with some dinner rolls and a side salad. And it could not be any easier!

Enjoy!

No comments: